Mirassou Popsicles for Adult Dessert: A Foodie Summer Delight!


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle recipies
  We discovered Mirassou at an incredible SITS Girls Bloggy Boot Camp
We are thoroughly enjoying summer with food.  As one of the delicious ways we are doing it is focusing on themes: nationality, food type or flavors.  We had a spice around the world dinner, a cheese and fruit pairing afternoon and a Scottish breakfast delight.  
cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle ingredients
Next on the list, summer adult dessert: Popsicles. 
I came up with several quick and easy Popsicle with Mirassou wine:  Moscato  for  its refreshing sweetness, Chardonnay for  its medium body and fruit forward peachy/ nectarine notes, and Sunset Red to take advantage of its sophisticated pomegranate and dark cherry.
I made a total of 4 different recipes.

If I may say so myself, I think these creations made with Mirassou wine will be a perfect mix to create Popsicle delight for dessert foodies.
Here is the first one: I called it Veiled Watermelon
cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle chardonnay watermelon


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle chardonnay watermelon recipe
TIP: Use plastic knives instead of sticks or straws.
Guests loved the idea of having different flavors come at them while they worked their way through the popsicle.  The lemon slice at the bottom helped absorbing some of the melted juices.

The second popsicle is  our Red Sweetness
This was my favorite posicle to make and offer.  The colors really popped out and looked sleek and elegant.


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle red sweetness


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle red sweetness recipe
Before I share my next two recipes, let me tell you a little about Mirassou wines. Thanks to an amazing Bloggy Boot Camp by the SITS girls in Miami a few months ago, I was privileged to hear David Mirassou talk to us about wine.  He shared a few ideas on pairing  foods with wine, and helped us see wine in a different light.  Bottom line, his motto is that wine is to be enjoyed how each of us would like to.  Mmmmm not so sure about going against my grandmother’s teachings on how red wine is to enjoy with red meats and white for poultry, fruits, and fish.  I was really taken when Mr. Mirassou said he put ice in his wine.  Oh yes, my grandmother is turning in her grave.  
I need to heed Mr. Mirassou’s advice.  After all he is a 6th generation wine maker.  The Mirassou company started in America when Pierre Pellier came from France looking for the best California had to offer.  In operation since 1854, Mirassou is the oldest wine-making family in America.  Mirassou prides itself offering us products made with part optimism and part California sunshine.

Back to recipes, next up is the Tart Strawberry Chardonay.
For this one we played a bit with the Lemonade mix and took away sugar from it to make the contrast of the flavors stronger.
cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle strawberry tarty


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle strawberry tarty recipe
Finally, taking advantage of our Florida Oranges, I used Orange juice to add another variety to my Mirassou collection of Popsicles.  This one we call the Sunshinesicle
cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle sunshinesicle


cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle sunshinesicle recipe
Easy peasy! Do you agree?
The result is a very refreshing dessert that is fun to eat.  It has the acidity of the fruity Chardonnay and the sweetness of the Mirassou Sunset Red plus the lush flavor of the Watermelon, Strawberries and Orange juice that is brought out by the tart and refreshing flavor the lemon adds to it.
cool moms cool tips Mirassou popsicle yummines
I can't wait for you to try it out and come back to tell me what you think.  I am thinking of a Mango Tropical Mirassou Popsicle next...

Thanks for the inspirations Mr Mirassou!  
He is on a crusade to have everyone enjoy wine “the way you like it” and so I believe we have.
How else do you enjoy your wine?

Labels: , , , , , ,